canoLAB in Saskatoon Feb 21 and 22, 2018
canoLAB is being held February 21 and 22, 2018 in Saskatoon at TCU Place. Fee will be $150 and maximum registrants per day will be 100.
canoLAB is a hands-on, interactive diagnostic workshop with live plants and insects. Participants are divided into small group and will take part in a number of sessions throughout the day. This is your opportunity to learn from Western Canada’s top researchers and extension professionals. Sharpen your ID and management skills to prepared for #plant18. Gain the skills you need to grow your best canola crop yet!
Topics include: clubroot, blackleg, harvest management and desiccation, managing herbicide resistant weeds and weeds ID, insect damage assessments, and diagnostics.
CCA credits will be applied for. The event is co-hosted by SaskCanola and the Canola Council of Canada.
canoLAB runs from 8:30AM to 4:30PM daily. Each day is identical. Lunch is provided.
Click here to register for canoLAB (payment taken via credit card on our Picatic event page).
2018 SK CanoLAB Sessions & Speakers
- Session 1: Farming with Clubroot, Dan Orchard (CCC), Greg Sekulic (CCC), Barbara Ziesman (Sask Ministry of Ag)
- Session 2: What’s new in Blackleg, Clint Jurke (CCC), Justine Cornelson (CCC), Nicole Philp (CCC)
- Session 3: Phosphorus and Sulphur considerations, Warren Ward (CCC), Lyle Cowell (CPS), Tom Jensen (IPNI), Rigas Karamanos (Koch Agronomic Services)
- Session 4: Herbicide Action and Injury, Ian Epp (CCC), Scott Anderson (CPS), Matthew Bernard (Sask Ministry of Ag)
- Session 5: Stand establishment effects on harvest management, Shawn Senko (CCC), Angela Brackenreed (CCC), Brittany Hennig (CCC), Joy Agnew (PAMI)
- Session 6: Insect management and beneficials, Boyd Mori (AAFC), Tyler Wist (AAFC), Meghan Vankosky (AAFC), Keith Gabert (CCC)