Black Bean and Corn Salad
For variety you can add some crumbled feta cheese to this salad.
- 1 can (19 oz./540 mL) black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 can (12 oz./341 mL) corn kernels, drained & rinsed
- 1 can mild jalapeño peppers
- ¼ cup fresh chopped cilantro 50 mL
- ¼ cup canola oil 50 mL
- 3 Tbsp lime juice 45 mL
- 1 tsp cumin 5 mL
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 or 2 cloves garlic
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- In a large bowl, combine black beans, corn, jalapeño peppers and cilantro.
- In small bowl, whisk together canola oil, lime juice, cumin, salt, pepper and garlic; pour over bean mixture, tossing to coat.
- Fold in tomatoes just before serving.
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
1/2 cup (125 mL)