Canola Gold Cookie
The Canola Gold Cookie was developed in conjunction with the Food Centre in Saskatoon for the 2010 Winter Games in Vancouver.
- 3/4 cup canola Oil (200 mls)
- 3 whole Eggs (3)
- 1/2 cup white sugar (125 mls)
- 1 1/4 cups honey (300 mls)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar (200 mls)
- 5 tsp vanilla extract (25 mls)
- 1 tsp baking soda (5 mls)
- 2 cups oat flour (500 mls)
- 1 3/4 cups rolled oats (425 mls)
- 1/2 cup Flaked Coconut (125 mls)
- 3/4 cup dried Saskatoon berries (200 mls)
- 3/4 cup dried sour cherries (200 mls)
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips (200 mls)
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat oil with sugar until fluffy; beat in eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together rolled oats, flour, and baking soda - stir into egg mixture until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips, dried fruits, and coconut. Let dough sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Use a tablespoon to place the cookie dough on the baking sheets, place about 2 inches (5 cm) apart, and lightly press dough to flatten.
- Bake in 350°F oven until golden, about 13 minutes.
- Transfer to rack; let cool.